We are 6 months into this new life of parenting and babyhood so here are my thoughts on it this far.
- I love watching my husband become a Dad. I fall more in love with Scott everyday. (He washed bottles for me this morning, see #8)
- I have a love/hate relationship with breastfeeding & pumping. (Currently pumping as I type, “what a punk, what a punk, what a punk”…that’s what it’s saying to me today)
- Breastmilk only diapers are much better than solids & breastmilk diapers. (And I’m sure once we get to solids only diapers, let’s not even go there. ugh!)
- Sleeping for more than 4 hours at a time is a luxury. (Flip side: I know that one day, we will all sleep through the night and I’ll long for the sleepless nights where I just held Teo tightly.)
- Watching Téo learn and develop each new thing is probably the best thing ever. (Currently on crawling and man is it cute!!)
- If the baby can reach it, it will be on the floor. (Case in point: my oatmeal this morning)
- Baby cuddles/smiles/laughs = all things amazing
- Washing bottles & breastpump parts after a long day at work = not so fun
- Outfits that allow for breastfeeding in public are hard to come by and usually involve layers. (Not so fun in 90+ degree temps)
- My new life is really hard and I don’t always love it but man am I grateful for the little guy. He brings so much joy to everyone he meets and I already know I’m a better person because he’s in our world.
Happy Wife, Happy Life! 🙂